About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The more things change Part 2

I just finished teaching a Beginner Computer Class here in our tech lab.  Who would have imagined me teaching others about computer skills?  I learned to type using a manual typewriter (does anybody remember them?) and thought I might flunk typing class that first  6-week grading period.  I had no strength in my pinkie finger but I was determined so I borrowed a portable typewriter from an older cousin and I practiced, practiced, and then practiced somemore.  I forget what my speed finally turned out to be but I did pass that class with a good grade.  When I started working in an office after graduation, I was given an electric typewriter and I thought it would fly away.  And now, after 18 years of using a computer for my cataloging duties here in the library,  I have been able to share some of the knowledge I've learned with others. I love seeing them find some of the enjoyment I feel when I learn something new.

Today there were 9 participants and I think they left learning at least one thing so mayber they are a little like me today: Older & Smarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment