About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Monday, August 20, 2018

The First Days of School Never Change!

Forty-two years ago my daughter went to school for the first time. She was going to be five years old that October and she seemed awfully little as she went in to meet her teacher and classmates. I followed her into the room to check on her and my little girl was in her element. I left her there, cried a little as I sat in my car and then I went to town. My husband couldn't understand why I went. No, I didn't need anything that I could buy but I did need my little girl and I didn't want to go home to an empty house!

Today, my daughter's little girl went to school for the first time. She is going to be five in February and she seemed awfully little as she walked up our drive with her mommy on her way to meet her teacher and classmates. My daughter went in to check on her and her little girl was in her element. I don't know if my daughter cried but I know that shortly after they left for school, I got in my car and I went to town. This time I did need some things but I also needed my "second little girl" and I didn't want to be home in an empty house!

The first days of school never change!


No comments:

Post a Comment