About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Monday, December 31, 2018

2019 Is About To Be------- 2018 But A Memory!

Old Fashioned Happy New Year Clipart Banners

2018 has been quite a year! A routine colonoscopy for my husband turned into a "Go straight to Lexington, don't stop for anything" trip and a pacemaker for him the next morning. May 2018 marked the 50th anniversary of my high school graduation and in August I watched my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter go to pre-school for the first time. Talk about age differences! In late September I joined many of my former classmates as we officially celebrated our 50th Class Reunion. A wonderful night of reminiscing, comparing how many grandchildren we each have and honoring the classmates who will never be as old as we are. And then, in December, Gerald and I observed our Golden Anniversary. When we exchanged those wedding vows that cold December night, we planned to be together this long but our marriage license didn't include that guarantee. God blessed us and we made it!

Yes, 2018 was a year of firsts and it was also a year of hellos and goodbyes! Babies taking their first breaths and others breathing their last. This happens every year but in 2018 so many of those last breaths belonged to friends and neighbors. Some older, some my age but many who were younger! Some who had been given a chance to live many years and others who barely had the chance to live at all!

So what is ahead? Joy, sadness, laughter and tears?
Expected turns, unexpected twists
A brand new year, a clean new slate,
Welcome 2019---I can hardly wait!!

ClipArt Source : "https://clipartimage.com/images/clipart-125251.html">Old Fashioned Happy New Year Clipart Banners

No comments:

Post a Comment