About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Eat, Live, Thrive Diet: A Lifestyle Plan to Rev Up Your Midlife Metabolism by Danna Demetre, Robyn Thomson

Eat, Live, Thrive Diet: A Lifestyle Plan to Rev Up Your Midlife MetabolismABOUT THE BOOK

From the well-known health and lifestyle coaches of the widely popular website Lean Healthy Ageless (formerly Ageless Woman Living) comes a practical, science-based diet book that unravels the mystery of why women gain weight as they age and includes a sustainable plan to permanently lose the pounds and inches.

Eat, Live, Thrive Diet shows women how they can not only lose excess body fat permanently but also improve their overall health in critical areas such as brain function, resistance to disease, slowing down external aging, and increasing energy. This highly effective eating plan is presented in a compassionate voice by two experienced health coaches who share personal experiences of battling weight and emotional eating issues. Whereas most diets are short-lived or require substantial upkeep to maintain, Eat, Live, Thrive Diet is a viable eating plan that women can adhere to indefinitely. In addition to minimizing sugar intake, the plan emphasizes the importance of short-term intermittent fasting--a simple lifestyle change that makes it easier and more effective for many mature women to reach their health and weight loss goals. The book also highlights health risks and drawbacks of many popular fad diets that can be harmful on a long-term basis.

MY THOUGHTS.....

Eat, Live, Thrive Diet: A Lifestyle Plan to Rev Up Your Midlife Metabolism by Danna Demetre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are so many reasons for me to love this book. The Eat, Live, Thrive Diet is
*Age Appropriate--There is extra help for women over forty-five.
*Easy to use--It is divided into five parts: Preparation; The Plan; True Food; A Thriving Life; and Recipes That Satisfy.
*Recipes--I am especially happy to have the recipes and I already have most of the ingredients.
*Motivation--The authors certainly know how to encourage and motivate! Reading this book is almost like having two personal coaches in my home and I appreciate all of the tips that they share.
*Additional Resources--There are two websites and a Facebook page that will offer more support as I continue my journey.


I appreciate that, along with the unlimited advice and information, there is also a chapter that deals with the natural aging process. Chapter 14, Beauty and the Beast, reminds us that our bodies will naturally change as we grow older but we can still try to be the best that we can be. We are reminded that "First, we do our part to take care of our bodies---our only vehicles for this present life. Second, we renew our minds with truth so that we can find peace and contentment." (p. 178) Or, as King Solomon very wisely proclaimed "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31

I believe that most of us want to improve our physical and mental health and if we can lose weight and look and feel better....certainly added perks! Eat, Live, Thrive Diet is geared toward women facing the age-old problem of metabolism slowing down in midlife but its content certainly isn't limited to just this age group. Women of all ages will discover how to eat, live and thrive.

I only have good things to say about this book and I heartily recommend it.

I received an ARC copy of this book from the Waterbrook & Multnomah Launch Team but this is my honest review.
#PRHpartner


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment