About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Saturday, September 21, 2024

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever Movie from Lionsgate - Official Trailer #2

Many years ago, I fell in love with a children's book and I was overcome with emotions the first time I read it! I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, and I found myself wondering how my church congregation would react to these children. Barbara Robinson’s popular story of the rowdy Herdmans was first published in 1972 and it's since become a classic. Its popularity has endured over 50 years and I believe that much of this can be attributed to the fact that it shares an inspiring message that appeals to adults! The Best Christmas Pageant isn't limited to a juvenile audience!!

Robinson's book was adapted into a television movie in 1983 and NOW, it has become a major motion picture! Lionsgate is releasing a live-action movie version of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever on November 8, 2024, and I can't wait to relive this story again. 

Wondering why I'm so excited? I've had a chance to view the official movie trailer for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Check it out for yourself! 




About The Best Christmas Pageant Ever Movie


The Herdman kids are absolutely the worst. They lie, they steal, they bully…and they’ve hijacked the town Christmas pageant. Directed by Dallas Jenkins (“The Chosen”) and based on the international bestseller by Barbara Robinson, THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER follows six siblings who sneak into church searching for snacks and walk away with the lead roles in the town pageant. Grace (Judy Greer) is directing the performance for the very first time; she and her daughter Beth (Molly Belle Wright) and husband Bob (Pete Holmes) are less than amused. But the play’s mischievous stars might unwittingly teach a community the true meaning of Christmas. Featuring Lauren Graham. Screenplay by Ryan Swanson and Platte F. Clark & Darin McDaniel.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever will release in theaters on November 8th.

Learn more on Facebook      Instagram     Twitter


#TheBestChristmasPageantEverMIN 


This fun film is based on the classic children's book of the same name!



ABOUT THE BOOK

Laughs abound in this bestselling Christmas classic by Barbara Robinson! The Best Christmas Pageant Ever follows the outrageous shenanigans of the Herdman siblings, or “the worst kids in the history of the world.” The siblings take over the annual Christmas pageant in a hilarious yet heartwarming tale involving the Three Wise Men, a ham, scared shepherds, and six rowdy kids.

Ralph, Imogene, Leroy, Claude, Ollie, and Gladys Herdman are an awful bunch. They set fire to Fred Shoemaker’s toolshed, blackmailed Wanda Pierce to get her charm bracelet, and smacked Alice Wendelken across the head. And that’s just the start! When the Herdmans show up at church for the free snacks and suddenly take over the Christmas pageant, the other kids are shocked. Apparently they’re up to no good. But Christmas magic is all around and the Herdmans, who have never heard the Christmas story before, start to reimagine it in their own way.

This year’s pageant is definitely like no other, but maybe that’s exactly what makes it so special.



Don't forget, the Best Christmas Pageant Movie will be in theaters in November 2024!

Learn more on Facebook      Instagram     Twitter


#TheBestChristmasPageantEverMIN  

No comments:

Post a Comment