About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Betrayed Fiancee (The Amish Millionaire #3)The Betrayed Fiancee by Wanda E. Brunstetter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In this third part of The Amish Millionaire serial novel we find Joel Byler still being selfish and dishonest. He has deceived his fiancee Kristi Palmer by having an expensive car without her knowledge and he has also kept her from knowing about his Amish upbringing. A family tragedy and its aftermath make all of this known to Kristi and she finally realizes that he is certainly not the man that she believed him to be. Her discovery of money being withdrawn from their joint account seems to be the final straw. Will this be the end of their relationship?

I admit that I found it hard to feel sorry for Joel. He had been raised in an environment that stressed the value of hard work and frugal living so he knew the consequences of a lavish lifestyle. His parents had taught him to be honest and to honor and obey God but he continued to lie and then blame God for his problems. He had the love and trust of a wonderful young woman but he didn't seem to truly appreciate her. How could an Amish man have turned out like this?

In this book Wanda E. Brunstetter and her daughter-in-law Jean have chosen to show that the Amish aren't immune to problems and that none of them are perfect. I am looking forward to reading The Missing Will to see if Joel can be redeemed and if there is a future for him and Kristi.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment