About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused LifeThe Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life by Joshua Becker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I must admit that decluttering isn't new to me. Over the years I have actually purged some of my belongings and then, as with the case of many addictions, I slipped back into my old habits and replaced them with other items. Being on the launch team of The Minimalist Home has once again given me incentive to declutter and refocus my life. Metablogger and international speaker Joshua Becker offers tips to help us make the most of our living space and he even suggests that a minimized home is a better place to come home to and it is also a better place to go out from. Becker explains 'The Becker Method', shares tips for decluttering each room of our house and then he gives us a Minimalism Maintenance Guide to help us maintain this new lifestyle!

Sprinkled throughout the book are key concepts and three of them especially resonated with me.

**Never organize what you can discard.#minimalisthome
**Not every possession is a belonging.#minimalisthome
**Be remembered for the life you lived--not the things you bought.#minimalisthome

The concept of minimalist living certainly isn't new but this book stresses the benefits of a decluttered, refocused life and all of the information is handily contained in one book! I recommend The Minimalist Home as an excellent resource for anyone who desires a simpler life.

I received an advanced copy of this book for review from Waterbrook Multnomah as part of the book’s launch team partnership. These are my honest opinions.

** Quotes are taken from an uncorrected proof. Content shown may or may not appear in the final text.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment