About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Monday, November 26, 2018

The Rancher's RedemptionThe Rancher's Redemption by Melinda Curtis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Win back the water rights. Set the ranch to rights." These words are the driving force behind a legal battle that Rachel Thompson finds herself drawn into when she finds herself opposing the Blackburn family and her childhood friend Ben Blackburn. Rachel is now a small-town lawyer who is juggling her career with raising a baby and working to reverse the court decision that eventually caused part of the her family ranch to be sold. Five years later Rachel is determined to save what is left of the Double-T and she finds herself opposing Ben, a very successful lawyer in New York City who has returned to Montana and Falcon Creek at the urging of his older brother.

What follows is a story that has me wanting to learn more about these two former friends who have both faced hurts and struggles in their personal lives. Rachel is caught up in a divorce and custody battle and Ben is still feeling the betrayal of being left at the alter when his fiancee chose to marry his own grandfather! We see their reluctance and their uncertainty as their business relationship begins to blossom into something more. I found myself rooting for this relationship to deepen into something more because there is certainly chemistry betweeen these two old friends and there is the added appeal of Ben's apparent fondnes for Rachel's little girl.

Melinda Curtis has written a book filled with sweet romance and a realistic portrayal of family relationships. She also shows how Ben is able to find his way back to being the kind of person that he was raised to be. "It was good to clear out the dirt and darkness from his past. He only hoped his words tomorrow cleared the way for the Thompsons and the Blackburns to have a better future". The lawyer/rancher was seeking redemption!

The Rancher's Redemption is book #3 of the Return of the Blackburn Brothers series and I look forward to reading the other books in the series. I want to learn more about the Blackburn brothers and their intriguing relationship with their grandfather Big E.

I was given a copy of the book from the publisher via Prism Book Tours and was under no obligation to post a positive review. All comments and opinions are solely my own.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment