About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Friday, July 15, 2022

NET, Abide Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, Comfort Print Holy Bible : Review & Giveaway

I'm thrilled to be a part of the launch of this new Bible from Thomas Nelson. The NET Abide Bible targets those of us who often find our minds wondering as we study our Bibles. I hope you'll check out my thoughts and then, at the end of this post, sign up for the FREE BIBLE STUDY and enter the GIVEAWAY for a copy of the NET Abide Bible.


New English Translation

The Abide Bible, NET

Experience life-giving, intimate communion with God.

The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that come from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.

If you find yourself skimming over Scripture, easily distracted in the Word, or find Bible reading more of a dry academic exercise, The Abide Bible can provide the guidance you need to transform your time with God right in His Word.

Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features practical Scripture-engagement prompts based on five ways of interacting deeply with the Bible:

Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayers and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.

Journaling : Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.

Engage Through Art : Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.

Contemplate : Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible. 

Features include:

Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
Two satin ribbon markers allow you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
 

Purchase Link


MY THOUGHTS.....

There are so many reasons to love this new Bible. The Brown Leathersoft cover, the print that is so easy to read, and the beautiful artwork that is used to illustrate some of the scripture. I also appreciate that there are colored maps, wide margins that allow me to record my thoughts, and journal prompts to spur my thinking. God's Word comes alive and I am fully engaged!

My only reservations are that the words of Christ aren't in red print and there isn't a Concordance, but I still recommend this Bible to anyone wanting to increase their understanding of God's Word. This NET Abide Bible is a study Bible that will truly enhance your devotion time!

I voluntarily accepted a copy of this Bible from the publisher via FrontGate Media. There was no obligation for a positive review.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Engage Through Art : Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.




FREE BIBLE STUDY

The NET Abide Bible targets all of us who sometimes find our minds wondering as we study our Bibles. There are so many reasons to love this new Bible and here's one more! There is a FREE 21-day study of the book of John as part of this special Bible launch.

This LINK will allow you access to the FREE study.

GIVEAWAY



Enter to win a free NET Abide Bible HERE


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment