About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The Old Testament Handbook: A Visual Guide Through the Old Testament by Holman Reference Staff

I'm absolutely thrilled with the chance to preview this new book from Holman Publishing, a well-known and trusted publisher. It isn't my first Bible handbook but The Old Testament Handbook is certainly one of the best! It is a wonderful reference that I'll use again and again!



 Order your copy of the Old Testament Handbook today!


ABOUT THE BOOK

• Immerse yourself in the Old Testament Handbook, an elegant, full-color Bible handbook that includes 

robust summary content, charts, maps, word studies, illustrations, and more for every Old Testament 

book of the Bible. Constructed with high-quality cloth cover materials and a sewn binding, the Old 

Testament Handbook is designed to last a lifetime as a valuable companion resource for Bible study, 

teaching, and ongoing discipleship.

• Discover your companion for deeper study and display. With a handbook rich in both 

study and physical materials, navigate the mysteries of Old Testament narratives as 

you ask questions and grow in your knowledge of God’s faithfulness.  

• The Old Testament Handbook features the highly readable, highly reliable text of 

the Christian Standard Bible. The CSB captures the Bible’s original meaning without 

sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-transforming message and 

to share it with others.

• Features:

• High-quality, foil-stamped cloth cover materials and Smyth-sewn binding 

meant to last a lifetime

• Elegant full-color interior design, including maps, charts, illustrations, and 

other visual helps for every book of the Old Testament

• More than 75 in-depth word studies of keywords found in each Old Testament 

book

• Ribbon marker for easy referencing between pages during study, teaching, or 

sharing


  






The Old Testament Handbook is filled with maps, charts, illustrations, & visual aids!






It features in-depth study of each of the 39 books of the Old Testament





MY THOUGHTS.....

This isn't my first Bible handbook, but it is certainly one of the best! It is a gorgeous, high-quality volume with a durable cloth cover and a beautiful ribbon bookmark, but the contents inside are the real prize. It's filled with timelines, maps, charts, and so much other information to help me in my Bible study.

Why do I like it so much? It uses text from the Christian Standard Bible so it's easy to understand while still remaining true to the Bible's original meaning. The maps are easy to use, there are keyword studies, and I especially like that there is an extensive word study section that offers pronunciations and translations of both words and names! The Old Testament Handbook is a wonderful resource that I will use again and again! 

Many thanks to Lifeway Christian Resources for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100 % my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.


WANT TO LEARN MORE?

Visit the B&H Publishing website to learn more about the Old Testament Handbook. There is also information on how you can get your own copy today!

Disclosure: 

Many thanks to Lifeway Christian Resources for providing a sample of the product for this review.

Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.





No comments:

Post a Comment