About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Rise of the Sevant Kings: What the Bible Says About Being a Man by Ken Harrison

Rise of the Servant Kings: What the Bible Says About Being a ManABOUT THE BOOK

 The "how-to-get-it-right" book for today's Christian man--in marriage, family, work, friendships, with God in all of life. Men are hungry for authenticity and for sound and bold biblical teaching on true masculinity. Every day men ask themselves questions about how to be better fathers, husbands, friends, and men, but it's difficult to find satisfying answers. Rise of the Servant Kings explains that true masculinity is found in absolute surrender to God, which always results in humble character and is expressed in courage and generosity. When a man truly understands God's desires, he will naturally express godly masculinity, Ken Harrison weaves together his experiences as a police officer in one of the deadliest areas of the country, with many years as a business executive and ministry leader, to share deep truths for men direct from God's Word.


 MY THOUGHTS.....

Rise of the Servant Kings: What the Bible Says About Being a Man by Ken Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I requested an ARC of this book to read and review, I primarily thought that it would be a good book to pass on to my husband after I was finished. I was both right and wrong. Yes, it is a wonderful book for a man but I myself have gained so much from Rise of the Servant Kings. The author uses many of his experiences as a former police officer to illustrate the many issues that plague our society today. The different scripture selections throughout the book spoke directly to me and many of the topics were what I myself needed to see. Ken Harrison writes about Hurt, Holiness, Humility, Courage, Generosity. Marriage, and Prayer, plus several others The chapters are short but they offer a lot of encouragement and insight. I was especially touched by his chapter on Prayer and it has challenged me to increase my own prayer time. I am convinced that, no matter our gender, all of us should strive to improve and Rise To Be Servant Kings!

I recommend this book to all who wish to increase their obedience and strengthen their Christian walk.

I received an Advanced Reader's Copy from the publisher and a positive review was not required.

#waterbrookmultnomah #partner #PRHpartner

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment