About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Chat with Wanda E. Brunstetter!

Wanda E. Brunstetter is often referred to as 'Amish Country's Most Beloved Storyteller' and her success in the publishing world is widely known. She has more than 100 titles and many of them have been on the New York Time Best-Seller List. In fact, more than 12 million of her books have been sold!

Ms. Brunstetter often takes time for online visits with some of her Facebook fans. The most recent chat was Thursday, February 23 and she's graciously allowed me to share that chat with you.


Q: Are Amish books the main books that you publish?

Most of the books I write are Amish-themed, but I’ve also written some historical and contemporary novels. 

*Some of these titles include  Woman of Courage, The Christmas Prayer, A Heartwarming Romance Collection, and Love Finds a Way.

Q: You've written several books with others. Your daughter-in-law Jean and your granddaughter Rachelle are two of your co-authors. Is it hard to write with others, especially with family members?

I have not found it to be much of a challenge.

*You may want to check out Return to Big Valley, The Blended Quilt, and Amish Front Porch Tales.

Q: Can you speak Pennsylvania Dutch?

No, I only speak English but I do know some Pennsylvania Dutch words. I often use them in my books. The Amish speak two languages fluently – English and Pennsylvania Dutch. They also learn German which is spoken during church by the ministers who preach the sermons. I only speak English, but I do know some Pennsylvania Dutch words, which I will often use in some of my books.

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't an author and no longer writing books?

I’m not sure, but I would probably still be involved in a puppet ministry that my husband and I used to do frequently for church events.

Q: Do you plan on writing for many more years to come? 

Yes, I do plan to write for many more years. I love what I do, and I can’t imagine doing anything else, so I will write for as many years as God gives me.

Q: Your success proves that your books are read by many people. Are they just Englishers, or are there Amish men and women who read your books?

There are many Amish people (men and women) who read my books.

Along with the many fiction books, Ms. Brunstetter has published many cookbooks over the years. I personally love the variety that she offers!

Q: Do you try out a lot of recipes before you choose them?

My husband and I have eaten meals in many of our Amish friends’ homes, so we are able to try out a lot of the recipes that have been included in my cookbooks.


Q: Your cookbooks are perfect gifts for Christmas, bridal showers, and birthdays! Do you have a personal favorite yourself?

They all have great recipes, but I personally like the Amish Friends Healthy Options Cookbook, because I cook and eat healthy meals.



Q: Wanda, what things are you looking forward to most this year both personally and in your writing world?

Professionally, I’m looking forward to finishing the last book in my Friendship Letters series and beginning a brand new series. Personally, I am looking forward to the possibility of visiting my husband’s home state of Pennsylvania. 

 Q: Continuing that personal note: How did you meet your husband?

We met at a roller rink and got married a few months later. We just celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary.

Q: What do you like to do best for relaxation? 

I like to spend time on the beach whenever possible. Even if I'm not on the beach, I enjoy spending time in nature.

Q: The name listed on your books is always Wanda E. Brunstetter. What does the E. stand for?

It's my middle initial, which stands for my middle name: Eileen.

Finally, Ms. Brunstetter's newest book releases in a few days, in early March 2023. Letters of Trust is the first book in The Friendship Letters series. 

Q: There are several themes in this intriguing new book, and one of them is alcoholism. What do you hope readers take away from Letters of Trust?

I hope my readers will realize that alcoholism is a problem in all walks of life and that there are places to go for help--for the alcoholic, as well as the family of a person struggling with alcoholism.


Isn't this a beautiful cover? I will be featuring a review of this book in the next few days. 


Wanda, thank you for answering our questions. We appreciate getting to know you better! We are also praying for your daughter Lorine as she valiantly fights to recover from a major stroke. May your family find peace and comfort from the prayers of your many fans.





3 comments:

  1. Just received Letters of Trust today and can't wait to start it. I'm keeping your daughter in my prayers along with your whole family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Lorine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, please know that we are holding your daughter in our hearts with many prayers! May God heal her completely! 🙏💕🙏🥰🙏

    ReplyDelete