About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Friday, August 28, 2026

Having Spiritual Conversations with Your Kids: Simple Practices for Deepening Your Faith Together by Katheryn Saunders

Having Spiritual Conversations with Your Kids: Simple Practices for Deepening Your Faith Together (Activities, Questions, & How to Talk to School-Aged Kids & Teens about Christ & More)
ABOUT THE BOOK

Create Stronger Relationships and Deeper Faith with Your Kids and Teens

Do you long to talk about faith with your kids but struggle to find the words, the time, or the right moment? Everyone is busy--with work, school, sports, screens--and somewhere along the way, the values you hoped would define your family fell out of sync with how you're actually living. So where do you begin?

You can start by having meaningful conversations with your kids, creating space in your home and on your calendar to spend time together and talk, and approaching your kids with genuine openness and curiosity about what they think, feel, and believe.

This practical and accessible guide equips you to have meaningful spiritual conversations with your kids. Each chapter offers
● a clear teaching on a Benedictine practice
● a hands-on creative activity
● thoughtful reflection questions designed to spark interest and deepen faith

Whether your children are young or already grown, it's never too late to start conversations that matter!



MY THOUGHTS.....

This is a must-read for anyone with children or grandchildren! It targets parents concerned about the faith journeys of their young children and teens, but I found it applicable for all ages. I admit I wasn't familiar with the Benedictine practice, but Dr. Katheryn Saunders clearly shows its principles in each well-defined chapter that begins with scripture and ends with discussion questions and a closing prayer. Using the stories and examples of Jesus, she sets the stage for open conversation and family activities.

Having Spiritual Conversations with Your Kids
is a well-written resource! I am thrilled to share it with my adult daughter and my 12-year-old granddaughter.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. My review reflects my honest opinion.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Katheryn Saunders has a DMin in leadership and spiritual formation from Portland Seminary, focusing on next-generation faith and giving. She also has a master's degree in teaching and is a licensed chaplain. Dr. Saunders has more than twenty-five years of experience working in the Christian nonprofit world, including more than a decade working for World Vision, where she is currently regional director for philanthropy for the northwest region.


No comments:

Post a Comment