About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Sunday, August 9, 2026

The Amazing Crab Alley Revival by Sharon Wilharm

The Amazing Crab Alley Revival
ABOUT THE BOOK

The year is 1897 and wealthy widow Lydia Culpepper is evaluating her mundane existence. For sixty-three years, she’s faithfully gone through the motions of fulfilling everyone else’s expectations for her life, but nothing she does is ever enough. She longs for something more. When a young boy comes to her house in search of his missing coon dog, she gets her wish. She meets Emily Reed, a young finishing school instructor, and Opal Jackson, an Irish single mother, and the three women join together on a mission that turns the First Community Church on its head. Suddenly, the town is in an uproar as lives are being changed. When Yellow Fever hits, it looks like their efforts may have been in vain, but the epidemic isn’t enough to thwart the fruits of the Crab Alley Revival.

A Southern historical retelling of Lydia in the Bible.



MY THOUGHTS.....

Lydia Culpepper, the last remaining member of the First Baptist Church's founding family, is feeling burdened. She's enjoyed sixty-five years of attending church, so why shouldn't everyone have the same chance in Port Royal, Florida? What needed to be done so that each of them could experience the joy and satisfaction that comes from worshipping God?

"A revival is nothing else than a new beginning of obedience to God."--- Charles Finney

It's hard to believe that this is a debut novel! Multi-faceted characters and a well-developed story kept me fully engaged, but I was also challenged by the thought-provoking message in The Amazing Crab Alley Revival. What good is perfect church attendance if we don't put our convictions to work? Lydia wanted a revival in Port Royal. Isn't a revival exactly what is needed today?

I was deeply touched when Lydia and Emily took the Word of God to the people of Crab Alley. Oh, the joy when the children learned about God and His love! I couldn't stop smiling!

Author Sharon Wilharm gives readers a heartwarming story of faith, dedication, and renewal. I highly recommend it to all who enjoy Christian fiction.

I received an ARC from the author. There was no obligation for a positive review.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars 


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Sharon Wilharm has always loved stories, especially those about ordinary women being used by God in extraordinary ways.

As author of Women of Prayer Bible study and host of All God's Women podcast and radio show, Sharon shares stories of God's faithfulness in the lives of women in the Bible.

In her debut historical novel, The Amazing Crab Alley Revival, she explores those same themes of faith, hope, and redemption through richly-drawn characters and Southern settings. Drawing on her experience as a filmmaker and storyteller, she creates uplifting fiction with hope, humor, and second chances.

A native Floridian, Sharon now lives in a historic Queen Anne house in a small Tennessee town north of Nashville. When she's not writing, Sharon can be found antiquing, thrifting, browsing estate sales, or working alongside her husband to rescue neglected historic commercial buildings and bring them back to life.

Learn more at her Website

Follow Sharon on  Facebook   Instagram     Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment