About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

God Made the Ocean: A Cuddly, Crinkly Cloth Book by Kregel Publications


ABOUT THE BOOK

A tactile way for babies to discover God's natural world

"God made the fish, and God made me!" Inside this squishy cloth book, little ones will discover sea creatures such as crabs, whales, and turtles through charming illustrations—all while being reminded of the one who created the ocean and everything in it. The page texture provides ample sensory play for babies.


On the last page, there's a child safe mirror to remind even the youngest children that God didn't create just the ocean creatures—he made them special too. This five-page, fish shaped book with a teether tail makes the perfect gift for new and expecting moms. It comes packaged in a bag to keep it clean and includes a header card for easy hanging display.




MY THOUGHTS.....

God Made the Ocean is an adorable first book for babies and toddlers. Brightly colored cloth pages, shaped like a fish, begin with a soft, plushy head and flannel fins that beg to be touched. Turn the pages to hear the crinkles, read the words that tell how God made the whale, crab, and turtle, and show them their reflection in the small mirror on the last page. What will they see? Why, it's baby, and God made baby also! Finally, there's a hard, textured orange tail that's perfect for teething!

This small book allows little ones to explore all of their senses, but it's also a wonderful introduction to God's Word. It's a perfect gift for baby showers and first birthdays, but don't forget to add God Made the Ocean to your church nursery!

I received a complimentary copy from Kregel. There was no obligation for a positive review.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment