I am so lucky! Amy Clipston is visiting my blog tonight, to talk about her newest book, The Heart of Splendid Lake. This is a contemporary romance novel, a departure from her usual Amish romances, and it releases one week from today, on Tuesday, September 14th! So, sit back, get comfortable, and read more about The Heart of Splendid Lake. You'll find out why this story is so special, Amy answers some of my questions about this book, and there's a purchase link also!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Bestselling author Amy Clipston transports readers to a picturesque lakeside town in this heartwarming contemporary romance.
Brianna is the youngest of the three Porter sisters and the only one who chose to stay in the small town of Splendid Lake, North Carolina. She followed in her father’s footsteps and became an expert boat mechanic, helping him run their small resort with cabin rentals, a convenience store, and a marina.
When Brianna’s father unexpectedly dies, Brianna is steeped in grief and guilt—then left alone to clean up the mess. To make matters worse, a constant stream of real estate brokers begins marching through her property, offering to buy the family land. In particular, she keeps running into handsome real estate mogul Scott Gibson.
As Brianna struggles to keep it all together, Scott finds his way into her heart. And as the two fight against their feelings, they just might find themselves forging a surprising and exciting new love at Splendid Lake.
You can order your own copy by clicking this link https://amyclipston.com/lake.
Amy's Thoughts About The Heart of Splendid Lake
Writing The Heart of Splendid Lake was a fun and emotional journey for me. While the story's setting is fictional, I had a blast writing about North Carolina and incorporating part of my home state. I also poured my heart and soul into the book and included a lot of my own life experiences. I hope readers enjoy spending time at Splendid Lake. I dedicated this book to the memory of my father and my special childhood memories of family vacations at Schroon Lake, located in the Adirondacks in New York State.
"Inquiring Minds Want to Know"
- Amy, fans of Amish fiction consider you one of the VERY best authors in this genre. What prompted you to write this contemporary romance novel? A specific event? A need to change gears, so to speak? The need for a new challenge?
- Did you find yourself writing a scene for The Heart of Splendid Lake and then realizing that this was a scene more suitable for an Amish story?
- The synopsis says that Brianna is the youngest of the three Porter sisters. BTW, I love your choice of the surname Porter :-) Is there a chance of a series featuring stories about the other two sister?
- Amy, I know that you have an amazing family support system and I always enjoy seeing pictures of your mom, your husband and sons, and your beautiful cats. Do you lock yourself away from all of them when you're writing? What does a typical work day look like for Amy Clipston?
- I know that you wrote The Gift of Love, a non-fiction book about the journey that you and Joe took during his kidney transplant. Amy, would you ever consider writing a fiction novel with this theme?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Amy Clipston is an award-winning bestselling author and has been writing for as long as she can remember. She's sold more than one million books, and her fiction writing “career” began in elementary school when she and a close friend wrote and shared silly stories. She has a degree in communications from Virginia Wesleyan University and is a member of the Authors Guild, American Christian Fiction Writers, and Romance Writers of America. Amy works full-time for the City of Charlotte, NC, and lives in North Carolina with her husband, two sons, mother, and five spoiled rotten cats. You can find Amy at AmyClipston.com, or follow her on Facebook Twitter Instagram