About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Friday, July 26, 2019

Goodbye to Yesterday (The Discovery #1) by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Goodbye to Yesterday (The Discovery #1)ABOUT THE BOOK

Join Meredith and Luke Stoltzfus, an Amish couple who are faced with the greatest challenge of their young lives. Financial struggles. Arguments. A suspected pregnancy. A last-minute trip to Middlebury, Indiana. A drug addict on the run. A deadly encounter at a Philadelphia bus station. Will their love and faith be enough to bring them back together again, against all odds? 




MY THOUGHTS.....

Goodbye to Yesterday by Wanda E. Brunstetter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think there are often misconceptions about Amish people: they never experience troubles or hardships and their lives are always filled with peace and harmony. Wanda E. Brunstetter has written a story that shows this isn't always the case. Good-bye to Yesterday is a novella that is the beginning of a six-part series, The Discovery--A Lancaster County Saga, and even though it isn't the usual Brunstetter book, it is still one worth reading. Luke and Meredith Stoltzus are a young married couple dealing with his long-term unemployment, a possible pregnancy, and the chance of being separated while Luke leaves Bird-in-Hand to find work with his uncle. As Meredith struggles with her fear of Luke traveling in bad winter weather, we see that Luke's welfare may be jeopardized by other dangerous circumstances as he travels to Indiana.

There are a lot of emotions described in this novella: depression, impatience, uncertainty, and worry. There is also a cliff-hanger ending so that readers will want to read the next installment. I can't rate this book as highly as I do most of Brunstetter's books but It entertained me and it made me want to read more of Luke and Meredith's story. I really can't ask for more than that and I will be checking out more of The Discovery Saga from my public library!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment