About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Messy to Meaningful: My Purse Runneth Over by Monica Schmelter. Rhonda Rhea, & Kaley Rhea



ABOUT THE BOOK

Got Baggage?


Ever find yourself lugging around messy spiritual baggage like so much purse clutter?


Sometimes that baggage runneth over and shows up in:

    That utterly overwhelmed feeling
    Anxiousness and stress
    Anger, fear, discontentment
    Feelings of failure and a lack of peace

Let's stop holding on to what we don't need, and start fighting for what we do. Learn to walk out your faith life less weighed down. Lighter, FREER than ever!


Not only free, but our powerful God wants you to live in a gracious overflow--

A LIFE OF PURPOSE RUNNING OVER WITH GLORIOUS MEANING




MY THOUGHTS.....



I often marvel when I see some women open their purses. Everything has its own special place and I can actually see open spaces. Look in my purse at any given time and you'll never see anything in the same place. You'll also never see any open spaces...instead, there are receipts, gum wrappers, used tissues, and lots of loose change at the bottom. My purse is full, messy, and it can be downright heavy to carry! In this new book Messy to Meaningful: My Purse Runneth Over, authors Monica Schmelter, Rhonda Rhea, and Kaley Rhea share their analogy of a messy purse and a messy life but there is absolutely no judgement! Instead, we are given words of encouragement and affirmation that are sometimes funny, often heart-tugging, but always spoken in love. These words assure us that all of us can get rid of the baggage that clutters our lives and experience the joy that comes from God's love, forgiveness, and grace.




Want less stress and more peace? Need to eliminate some of the excess baggage in your life? This book has been written just for you if you can answer yes to either question. Pick up a copy of Messy to Meaningful: My Purse Runneth Over. You won't regret it!

I received an advance review copy from the publisher. There was no requirement for a favorable review. These are my own thoughts.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment