About Me I am a retired librarian and I now support books and authors through my reviews.

I have always loved to read and I was able to share that love through my work as a public librarian for 22 1/2 years. I now promote literacy by reading, and then writing reviews. I love to support authors by sharing my reviews with others!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Dear Grandchild, This Is Me: A Gift of Stories, Wisdom, and Off-the-Record Tales

Dear Grandchild, This Is MeABOUT THE BOOK

Preserving a family legacy can feel like a daunting task, but this new keepsake journal makes it easy for grandparents to capture memories, wisdom, and stories in one beautiful package.

Being a grandparent is an incredibly rewarding experience. Dear Grandchild, This Is Me--designed for any grandmother or grandfather to complete--will allow grandparents to collect these priceless memories in one heartfelt keepsake.

Special Features:
* Built-in envelopes to stash special, private letters for specific occasions in your grandchild's future.
* A sheet of adhesive photo corners to adhere photographs and special memories throughout.
* Off-the-record questions to prompt fun stories.
* A family tree to track your ancestry.
* Space to share your favorite recipes, or those passed through the generations.
* A world map to showcase your travels.

Within these pages you'll find a place to answer questions that speak to a grandchild of any age from the simple questions about favorite things to deeper questions about childhood memories, identity, and faith. This book will be a tangible way to keep a loved one close at all times.

MY THOUGHTS..... 

Dear Grandchild, This Is Me by Waterbrook
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"There's no person in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are." Fred Rogers.

This is just one of the many quotes that are included in 'Dear Grandchild, This is Me', the new book from Waterbrook. I am an older grandparent and I realize that I won't always be in my five year old granddaughter's life so this book is the perfect way for me to share my life with her. It is a beautiful book, with soft colors, attractive illustrations, and a hardback cover for durability. There are many questions and idea prompts to help me record my memories and the pages are lined so that I can easily write them down. Some of the questions are the expected ones, such as Where were you born?, What was your given name?, and other questions pertaining to my early years, but there are also questions about my high school days, my wedding day, and even my personal thoughts on the major events in our country's history that have occurred in my lifetime, There are pages for pictures and envelopes that can hold special letters that you want your grandchild to have later and I especially liked that there is room to share favorite recipes, because some of my favorite memories of my own grandmother center around cooking in her farmhouse kitchen. The selected quotes and Bible scripture make it even more appealing!

I am so in love with this book and I am so glad that I will be able to leave it as a legacy for my granddaughter. I can see it as being a great Christmas or birthday gift for the other grandparent's in my life.

I received a copy of this book via the publisher but I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment